Sunday, October 21, 2012

Great day at Barnes and Noble!


Yesterday was my designated "sleep in day." I had been planning it for two weeks. I just wanted to SLEEP until I couldn't sleep anymore. I woke up at my usual time of 5:30am, but was able to fall back asleep a few hours at a time until 11. At 11 I woke up, drank some coffee, and then sat down to work on my progress reports for work. After about 3 hours of that, I got sucked into my speech therapy blog addiction. I follow about 3 religiously. ALL I did for the rest of the day until like 12pm that night was get therapy activities online, print, cut, and laminate them. I seriously almost had to call intervention was how bad it got. Anyway, I started planning my therapy for my Tuesday preschool class and I decided to do the book The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything. I was too late to get it at the library for the season so I placed an order for my local Barnes and Noble. It's a super good perk that the bookstore has if you ever want to reserve a book for pick up. So, today I go into Barnes and Noble to pick up my ONE book and I left with 5. The woman at the counter introduced me to the Educator's Card which entitles you to 20% off all educational purchases! She also told me that today was the last day of Educator Appreciation Week and that it would apply to personal books as well. I was PUMPED. I ran around the store trying to find other books that I wanted. I had been looking to buy Go Away Big Green Monster by Ed Emberly a few weeks ago (super cute for Pre-K), but I bought that on my iPad yesterday.... It's awesome on the iPad. It comes with a song version! So, I found Where is Baby's Pumpkin? by Karen Katz. It's a great book for  working on basic concepts (under, behind, inside etc). I hammer basic concepts into my preschoolers so I thought this was a great book!! Can't wait to use it this week in therapy.

THEN, I found this section that was BUY TWO GET ONE FREE. I was so excited. Remember my post about When She Woke? The futuristic Scarlet Letter by Hillary Jordan? Well I picked up another book of hers called Mudbound which is apparently better than When She Woke. It has been on my list for a while. I also picked up Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn, the author of Gone Girl. I can't wait to read this one. It's a short one (only about 250 pages) which is great. I keep reading really long books. And the last one I picked up is called The Girl Who Fell From the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow. I hadn't heard of this book until today, but it looks pretty good. Soo, I just added these three to my never ending collection of books that I have to read. I probably have 30 books on my shelf that I just HAVE TO BUY and then it takes me year to read them.... but I just love buying books. I think I need intensive therapy for my book buying and speech therapy blog addiction. Buy hey, I guess it's better than crack....

Here's a pick of my awesome buys today:

Anyone pick up any good books recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment